We are specialist, independent publishers of international water sector news and intelligence, informing senior executives who make policy and investment strategy decisions where timely water-related knowledge and insight are critical.
“OOSKA”?? - the word "OOSKA" is a phonetic spelling of the Gaelic word for water - “uisge” in Scotland and "uisce" in Ireland!
Our coverage includes local, regional and global water government policy developments; water conflict; finance & funding; climate change adaptation; water industry news; food security; energy security; corporate water stewardship and risk.
OOSKAnews offers international water sector research and consultancy services through a strategic partnership with Ergo (www.ergo.net), a global primary research and consultancy firm.
OOSKAnews, Inc. was founded in May 2006, with offices in Warrenton, Virginia, USA and Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
OOSKAnews reports from Southern and Eastern Asia; the Middle East; Africa; Europe; the Former Soviet Union Republics; the Americas.
OOSKAnews reporters, researchers and other contributors are drawn from local and international business and political journalists; economists; academics; water sector, infrastructure and finance specialists.
OOKSAnews' users include:
- Governments, international organizations and institutions, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, academic institutions
- Water Industry: infrastructure, engineering, construction, desalination, pipelines/pipes, pumps, valves, tanks, testing equipment/services, water/wastewater treatment, filtration, purification, meters/detectors
- Manufacturing corporates; food and beverage, power generation, extraction industries, agriculture, & agriculture-related companies; other water-using entities
- Financial: commercial, investment & development banks, mutual funds, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance companies, pension funds, venture capital
- Services: international law firms, consultancies and advisory service providers, accountancies
Our news archive database
The OOSKAnews archive database amounts to more than 44,000 published news stories. We believe that it's the world's most substantive archive of international water news. Comprehensive archive database access is made available to certain institutional subscription license holders. Please contact us if you have specific research needs we can assist with. We like to help!
Our editorial policy
We hold an editorial policy of strict objectivity and independence in reporting. Experienced writing and editing personnel value independence as an asset to a sophisticated readership which appreciates the company's rigorous standards. The company's business model - subscriptions to reliable, independent news content - keeps OOSKAnews focused on accuracy and objectivity.