We are specialist, independent publishers of international news and intelligence relating to the world's water challenges, informing senior executives who make policy and investment strategy decisions where timely water-related knowledge and insight are critical.
Our news coverage includes global, national and local water government policy; water conflict; investment and aid; climate change; human health; water industry news; food security; energy security; water stewardship and risk; water really touches everything!
OOSKAnews, Inc. was founded in May 2006, with offices in Warrenton, Virginia, USA and Edinburgh, Scotland.
“OOSKA”?? - the word "OOSKA" is a phonetic spelling of the Gaelic word for water - “uisge” in Scotland and "uisce" in Ireland!
OOSKAnews reports on water from Southern and Eastern Asia; the Middle East; Africa; Europe; the Former Soviet Union Republics; the Americas.
OOSKAnews reporters, researchers and other contributors are drawn from local and international business and political journalists; economists; academics; water sector, infrastructure and finance specialists.
We welcome feedback on our news articles through our Contact Us link.
The OOSKAnews International Water Weekly:
We offer a paid subscription service to the OOSKAnews International Water Weekly, the world's leading source of news and intelligence related to water.
Associated benefits of subscription are levels of access to our database archive of global water-related news articles, dating back to 2006.
Subscriptions are offered to individuals, researchers, government agencies, corporate entities and NGOs, with a gradated price-range depending on your needs.
Try it out for a while with no obligation to purchase!
The Water Diplomat:
The Water Diplomat, a monthly publication produced in collaboration with the Geneva Water Hub, is a free resource which aims to raise awareness of global water challenges in the public, political and media domains.
OOKSAnews' readers and subscribers include:
- Governments, international organizations and institutions, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, academic institutions
- Water Industry: infrastructure, engineering, construction, desalination, pipelines/pipes, pumps, valves, tanks, testing equipment/services, water/wastewater treatment, filtration, purification, meters/detectors
- Manufacturing corporates; food and beverage, power generation, extraction industries, agriculture, & agriculture-related companies; other water-using entities
- Financial: commercial, investment & development banks, mutual funds, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance companies, pension funds, venture capital
- Services: international law firms, consultancies and advisory service providers, accountancies
Our News Archive Database
The OOSKAnews archive database amounts to more than 48,000 published news stories. We believe that it's the world's most substantive archive of international water news. Comprehensive access is made available to institutional subscription license holders and other researchers. Please contact us if you have specific research needs we can assist with. We like to help!
Our Editorial Policy
We hold an editorial policy of strict objectivity and independence in reporting. Experienced writing and editing personnel value independence as an asset to a sophisticated readership which appreciates the company's rigorous standards. The company's business model - subscriptions to reliable, independent news content - keeps OOSKAnews focused on accuracy and objectivity.
SUBSCRIBE FREE to "The Water Diplomat" (monthly), or try the OOSKAnews International Water Weekly (paid subscription)