Water Diplomat News Logo
Water Diplomat Logo
Water Diplomat News Logo

Disasters

Displaying 1 - 15 of 17
  • 29 Jul 2014- 10:06 by OOSKAnews Correspondent BAKU, Azerbaijan On July 24th, Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers approved a new set of rules for the country’s water industry, including a new and highly publicized measure making it illegal to disconnect residential water supply without prior notice.
  • 25 Feb 2014- 10:15 by OOSKAnews Correspondent SOFIA, Bulgaria Bulgaria will determine which of the country’s newly created water associations will own what infrastructure by the end of 2016, Environment and Water Minister Iskra Mihaylova said this week. The country’s water strategy calls for
  • 22 Jan 2014- 10:17 by OOSKAnews Correspondent GANJA, Azerbaijan Ganja, the second largest city in Azerbaijan, has been given special dispensation from the central government to take freshwater from nearby Lake Geygyol, which is a special environmental protection zone. Environmental campaigners have
  • 18 Nov 2013- 10:05 by OOSKAnews Correspondent BAKU, Azerbaijan Azerbaijan's state water company, Azersu, has announced a new project to upgrade approximately one million people living in the remote suburbs of the capital, Baku, to high-quality, round-the-clock freshwater provision. The project
  • Azerbaijan's program to provide clean water to residents of remote rural villages continues, with the official opening on May 6 of new artesian wells in the village of Sarybulag Balakan.
  • Water and sewerage have become a new front in the long-running and increasingly bitter dispute between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Last week, elements in the Armenian press began reporting that fruit and vegetables grown in Azerbaijan are a danger to human health, because the lack of infrastructure and freshwater there mean the crops are irrigated with raw sewage.
  • 15 Dec 2011- 20:14 by OOSKAnews Correspondent BAKU, Azerbaijan A report published earlier this month by the Environment Ministry of Azerbaijan suggested coordinated efforts by the nations surrounding the Caspian Sea to reduce the amount of sewage released into it. The Caspian Sea is notoriously
  • 3 Aug 2011- 09:45 by OOSKAnews Correspondent BAKU, Azerbaijan The 265-kilometer Oguz-Gabala-Baku water pipeline, which started operatons at the end of last year, is now being used at its projected maximum capacity of 5 cubic meters of water per second.   Until mid-July the pipeline was providing 4
  • 15 Jun 2011- 17:25 by OOSKAnews Correspondent MOSCOW, Russia The Interstate Statistical Committee of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) earlier this month released figures showing the relative inflation of prices for water and wastewater services in the former Soviet republics. Ukraine
  • 18 Jan 2011- 19:00 by OOSKAnews Correspondent BAKU, Azerbaijan Azerbaijan has finally opened the Oguz-Gabala-Baku water pipeline after four years of construction and at a cost of some $1 billion USD.  However, the pipeline will not be fully operational until February, according to chairman of
  • 20 Oct 2010- 14:48 by OOSKAnews Correspondent SEOUL, South Korea The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) is launching water development aid projects in Mongolia, Azerbaijan and the Philippines, the agency announced on October 13. The program is part of the East Asia Climate Partnership.
  • 18 Oct 2010- 20:58 by OOSKAnews Correspondent SEOUL, South Korea The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) is launching water development aid projects in Mongolia, Azerbaijan and the Philippines, the agency announced on October 13. The program is part of the East Asia Climate Partnership.
  • 10 Mar 2010- 13:47 by OOSKAnews Correspondent BAKU, Azerbaijan Russian activities account for 70 to 80 percent of pollution in the Caspian Sea, according to Azerbaijani Minister of Environment and Natural Resources Huseyn Bagirov. "The remaining 20 percent is polluted by Iran, Kazakhstan and
  • 24 Feb 2010- 13:47 by OOSKAnews Correspondent BAKU, Azerbaijan Azerbaijan's President Ilham Aliyeu on February 18 declared 2010 the Year of Environment in the country during a meeting on environmental issues. He said it was important to pay attention to environmental issues and detailed
  • 16 Dec 2009- 13:49 by OOSKAnews Correspondent BAKU, Azerbaijan T he level of the Caspian Sea could rise by 70 to 80 centimeters by 2020, officials said, which in turn could result in flooding oil wells, affecting water supplies in the region. The Ministry of Ecology and Water Resources of

Pages