Be sure to tune in live tomorrow (September 24, 2015) when OOSKAnews Inc. will host the sixth “aquaNOW Audience” at the Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS) in Oban, Scotland at 2:00 PM UK time (9:00 AM EDT).
The event is being held under the theme “Water and the Green Economy."
OOSKAnews readers and others unable to attend the event in person can watch the event via a live web-stream located at www.ooskanews.com.
The webstream is absolutely free to all viewers, and no registration is required.
The high-level international panel includes: Professor Nicholas Owens, director of SAMS, Scotland’s largest and oldest independent marine science organisation; Renee Martin-Nagle, a PhD student in trans-boundary aquifer law at the University of Strathclyde; Sören Bauer, partner of the Water Communication Consortium, an associate of the Knowledge Management Academy KMA, and a Vice-President of the Brussels-based non-profit Revolve Water who has been working for the last 15 years as a communications expert in the water and sanitation sector; and Chrisopher Schulz, a Scottish Government Hydro Nation Scholar and PhD candidate in geography at the School of GeoSciences, University of Edinburgh, and member of the Social, Economic and Geographical Sciences Group at the James Hutton Institute, Aberdeen, and the Land Economy, Environment and Society Group, Scotland's Rural College (SRUC), Edinburgh.
During the Audience, panelists will discuss recent OOSKAnews stories dealing with diverse water-related issues:
- Sudan, Egypt Reaffirm Commitment to 1959 Nile Treaty
- WASH Access Both an Emerging Threat and an Emerging Opportunity
- Brazil Needs to Improve Governance of Water Resources: OECD
- Land Degradation, Desertification Cost Trillions, Create Refugees: Studies
- Sudanese Security Service Confiscates Newspapers Over Pollution Coverage
- Dams Linked to Over a Million Malaria Cases Annually in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Water Quality of Australia's Great Barrier Reef Gets Low Marks
The aquaNOW Audiences series is produced by OOSKAnews, the world’s leading publisher of water-related news and intelligence. The events are moderated by David Duncan, CEO and Founder of OOSKAnews Inc., and supported by the Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and aquaNOW.info.