2 Mar 2020 - 12:01 by Staff - Water Diplomat
The Ninth triennial World Water Forum will be held in Dakar, Senegal, in March 2021 with the theme “Water Security for Peace and Development”.
Loic Fauchon, President of the World Water Council. speaks with David Duncan, Publisher, OOSKAnews in this (LINK) video interview for “The Water Diplomat”.
- The particular significance of the first World Water Forum to be held in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Four particular priorities to be addressed by the gathering – security of water and sanitation; cooperation; rural development; tools and means for implementation; and his hopes for progress and advancement in these areas.
- The concept of “Water for Humanity; Water for Nature”, and the need for a new relationship between “urban” and rural” water considerations.
- Whether, and how, parliamentarians and local authorities are ready and suited to progress water governance.
- A new “Five Fingers Alliance” approach to the challenges of water access and sanitation – a “horizontal approach” to solving water challenges.
- In 2020, as we look forward to COP26, integration of “water thinking” and “climate-change thinking”; what progress remains to be made?