NGO European Water Association's (EWA) “Water Manifesto 2020” identifies current challenges for water management in Europe and presents corresponding sustainable solutions in four critical themes:
- Nature-based Solutions to Respond to Climate Change
- Financing Investment in Water Services
- Asset Management and Digitalisation of Water Infrastructure
- Boosting Water Demand Management
In a 10 June announcement of the Manifesto, the water industry organisation emphasises the challenges of the environment and the importance of clean water, in particular, draws attention to the European Union Green Deal, and calls on civil society and all relevant stakeholders to contribute to implementation of solutions. It also encourages permanent dialogue between the decision makers and the national and regional authorities.
In lieu of presenting its Manifesto to the EU Commission in Brussels, EWA will make presentations in a series of webinars, with topics focusing on strands of the EU Green Deal.
EWA European Policy Committee Chair, Wendy Francken commented: “Climate Change and human health are co- dependent, and this is why the EU Green Deal is more important than ever. The European Water Association wishes with the new Water Manifesto to make sure that we all, and not the least the politicians, stay committed to that”.
- 27 October 2020: Webinar 1: The European Green Deal and Blue Challenges
- 10 November 2020: Webinar 2: Research and Developments for the Water Environment
- 24 November 2020: Webinar 3: Water Framework Directive beyond 2027
- 8 December 2020: Webinar 4: Future Challenges of the Water Framework Directive